Leaders in wine investment
'Since 1988, when reliable data first became available, the fine wine investment market has generated an annualised return of 12.1%'
Source: FT Advisor.com
Investing in the best fine wine
Investing in the best fine wine is recognised as an essential component of an investor's portfolio offereing medium to long-term gains, outperforming many other asset classes. A review of every 5 year period since 1988 showed only one period of loss equating to 1.1%, in comparison over the same period the FTSE 100 suffered 72 negative periods with the worst hit being a loss of 39%! making investing in the best fine wine a very attractive alternative investment.
Investing in the best fine wine offers access to a finite commodity with reducing supply over time, a global market and increasing demand. Vin-X Ltd provides access to this rewarding asset class offering a market-leading investment service from a team of investment and wine specialists.
The Liv-ex Fine Wine 50 Index tracks the daily price movement of the most heavily traded commodities in the fine wine investment market - the ten most recent vintages (excluding En Primeur, currently 2000-2009) the Bordeaux First Growths.
London International Vintners Exchange (Liv-ex) is an exchange for the best investment grade wine based in London. Liv-ex, which was founded in 1999, and provides a marketplace where wine merchants are able to trade the best wine, and also publishes two wine price indices based on these transactions which are widely used to gauge general price developments for the best "fine wine" market in general. The graph shows the Liv-ex 50 index.
Vin-X Ltd, operates the best market practices designed to protect the investor and their wine investment:
- Professional, established wine company dedicated to the wine investment market
- Up to date market information to maximise wine investment potential
- Client wines are stored at fully insured industry-leading facilities
- Independent audit to verify cllient wine by Chartered Accountants Knill James
- Condition reports available on client investment wines
- Trading member of the London International Vintners Exchange (Liv-ex)
- A member of the Wine Investment Association, the industries first self regulatory board